RECRUITING NOW! PROFESSIONAL PUBLIC SERVICE INTERPRETERS!
Founded in 2001 and managed by the registered charity Community Action Dacorum, Herts Interpreting & Translation Service (HITS) is one of the largest and most successful independent, non-commercial services in the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit public service interpreters to join our happy and successful team, providing interpreting services (face-to-face, video and telephone) for NHS Trusts and Local Authorities throughout Hertfordshire and surrounding counties.
We are seeking applications from either pre-qualified interpreters or suitably skilled individuals who would like to achieve an interpreting qualification via one of our award-winning training courses.
A successful candidate must:
- Be fluent in English and at least one other language
- Be literate in English and at least one other language
- Have excellent general communication skills
- Have ongoing access to a mobile phone and a personal email account and a reliable internet connection
- Be aged 18 or over
- Have Right to Work in the UK and be UK-based
Pre-qualified interpreters will hold a recognised interpreting qualification such as the Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI), Diploma in Police Interpreting (DPSI), Certificate in Community Interpreting or accreditation from a recognised awarding body or training centre.
All languages are welcome.
PLACE OF WORK:
A successful candidate will be offered an opportunity to attend face-to-face (in-person) interpreting assignments within Hertfordshire and the surrounding areas. Remote interpreting (video and telephone) can be done from home and will involve working with clients and customers from various locations within the UK.
Most bookings are offered with significant periods of notice and take place between 08.00 and 18.00, Monday to Friday. As public service interpreting is sessional employment, the number of hours of work may vary from week to week, depending upon demand and the declared availability of an interpreter. An interpreter may choose their own availability, basing their work around preferred times of day and days of the week.
Depending upon qualification and experience, this position offers a standard rate of up to £18.00 per hour, plus travel-time and mileage payments and the re-imbursement of public transport and parking costs (where applicable).
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH HITS:
- Flexible working hours
- Good rate of pay
- Enjoyable and satisfying work with a registered charity of 75-years-good-standing
- Opportunity to achieve professional degree-level qualification (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting) beyond initial training course
- Ongoing professional training
- Opportunity to use your language skills
- Enhancement of overall employability
IF YOU REQUIRE MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH:
Address: Herts Interpreting & Translation Service, 48 High Street, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP1 3AF
Phone: 01442 867212